Product/industrial designer NEEDED
Bar Napkin Productions is a creative agency that collaborates with our clients to imagine, create, and develop inspired brands that stand out in the marketplace in order to increase their profitability. Our diverse team encompasses architects, interior designers, graphic designers, product designers, procurement specialists, and social media experts that approach every project as its own distinct opportunity for success. Hailed as one of the top 100 hospitality firms in the country, Bar Napkin Productions is recognized as a Hospitality Giant by Interior Design Magazine and was named one of the elite next generation of hospitality design leaders by Hospitality Design Magazine.
Our services include:
BRANDING & IDENTITY
Our Phoenix office is seeking a highly-talented, innovative, and creative Product/Industrial Designer. The Product/Industrial Designer position is a broad role with a focus on design and development.
The candidate shall possess a very strong conceptual mindset, attention to detail, demonstrated ability working with an integrated design process, and proven capacity in creating transformative experiences. In addition, we are seeking a candidate who can design ideas from basic concepts to fully work out design solutions. Work independently, according to project briefing, creative vision and direction in close co-operation with Studio Director. Must have the ability to work with tight deadlines and demonstrate a high degree of flexibility. This role will be hands-on and will handle projects from all stages starting from conceptualization to final completion.
The main task is to contribute to all 3D creative areas: from product design and packaging, to general creative problem solving. An innovative mind set is key.
This is a rare opportunity to wear many hats and to join a dynamic organization, which offers exciting and varied growth potential.
Only applicants with the following qualifications and experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated outstanding design talent for product design and packaging
- Strong client liaison and in-person project presentation skills
- Based on a clear brief and budget, design innovative and desirable products
- Generate multiple and varied concepts on a theme
- Immerse yourself in the company in order to deliver a clear “brand voice” to all products
- Become familiar with our current product collections past and present, so as to better inform collection design moving forward
- Know how to interpret and process Trend Reports into excellent forward-thinking product design
- Packaging design and creative problem solving beyond the studio
- Must be able to work in a collaborative, proactive, and fast-paced environment with a great degree of confidence, self-motivation, and personal initiative
- Excellent communication skills—written, graphic and verbal—and outstanding ability to present and share concepts and designs
- Very organized, self-disciplined, and well-managed, with a proven ability to organize and lead project teams, coordinate with other project consultants, and collaborate with contractors and vendors
EDUCATIONAL & WORK EXPERIENCE CONSIDERATIONS
- 2-4 years of experience in Product/3D Design (includes internships)
- Basic understanding and knowledge of manufacturing, materials and processes
- Experience within the hospitality and restaurant industries preferred
- Keen interest and passion for trends, design, and art
- Experience in the mass-market retail category is a big plus
- Proven track record of successfully developed and launched products
- Experience with end-consumer product testing is a plus
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design or related
- Ability to listen hard, effectively take direction, and learn on the job
- Ability to communicate clearly with sketches
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Competent knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, Rhino (or equivalent 3D software), Keyshot (or equivalent)
- Perfectionist approach to details
- Legally able to work in the United States at this time
- Available to join us within 2-4 weeks +/-
- Contractors seeking fixed-term employment are welcome to apply
READ TO APPLY?
- If you feel you meet the above requirements, please send your resume and portfolio samples as a single PDF attachment no larger than 10MB to email@example.com Please include
BNP Product/Industrial Designer in the subject line of your email.
- Incomplete submissions, or candidates lacking all the required qualifications above, will not be considered.
- Absolutely no phone calls.