How do you stay inspired?
Inspiration is the key to our success, so this is something that I work on everyday. Reading and travel are huge sources of my inspiration, but I also look to other forms of livable art, like fashion. Magazines, Pinterest and other blogs are part of my daily arsenal.
What personal skill has helped you the most in your career?
Empathy. Approaching the project from our Client’s perspective is key.
What is the most challenging part of your job?
The unknown. No matter how much we plan and organize, there are always things that we cannot control or plan for. Every day ends very differently than it starts.
What is the most rewarding part of your job?
The unknown. The best ideas come at the most unknown times and places. I can attribute some of our most successful details and installations to the unknown moments of inspiration.
Why did you decide to go into your industry?
I think it chose me. It’s been all I’ve ever known since I was a kid.
Provide us with a few images that speak to you.
(clockwise from top left)
• Beautiful surprises in nature
• "Petrified Dinosaur Bone" by Darrel Gulin
• Feeling inspired: candid shot during travels to Italy
• Moss on an ancient stone (photo taken during travels)
• Pattern play: snow on a fence
• One of my icons, Coco Chanel, on her infamous stairs in Paris
• Proof that less is more